“Black Friday . . . A Universal Problem”Categories: Minister's Corner
Romans 3:23, 6:23
Since we recently experienced BLACK FRIDAY I thought I would give you a different twist.
· Have you ever noticed how life can change in the blink of an eye?
· Genesis 1-3 Everything went from GOOD to BAD...LIGHT to DARKNESS. So what happened?
· Romans 5:12 (interesting note - the word “sin” is not even mentioned in Genesis 3 when Adam sinned but that’s where it all began.) Genesis 6:5-7, Ezekiel 18:20, Isaiah 59:1-2
· Mark 15:33-34 - The Darkest Day in Human History was Black Friday because of our Sin.
1. Sin is personal : Romans 3:23
a. Check out these New Testament words for sin:
i. “Hamartia” – to miss the mark (Rom. 3:23)
ii. “Parabasis” – transgressing or overpassing a line (Gal. 3:19)
iii. “Paraptoma” – falling where one should have stood (Rom. 4:25)
iv. “Anomia” – lawlessness (Matt. 7:23)
v. “Adikia” – bending the right and making it crooked (2 Tim. 2:19)
b. We are all personally guilty of sinning (Romans 3:23)
2. Sin Enslaves Personally: Romans 6:16-17
b. It shackles you.
c. The reason we need freedom is because we are personally bound.
3. Sin is personally hard to overcome: Colossians 3:8-11
a. However, we can overcome sin through the strength of Jesus Christ.
· Black Friday was without a doubt the worst day in human history. Crucifying Jesus was
humanity’s worst moment and it was extremely dark (Mark 15:33-39, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Isaiah 53:6).
· God Hates Black Friday but He Loves SALVATION SUNDAY!!
“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” -- The Apostle Paul