“10 Key Steps to Help Be Irrestible (I Peter 3:8-12)”Categories: Minister's Corner
1. Pray everyday for sinners. Talk to God about the lost and then talk to the Lost about Him.
2. Have a faith worth imitating. The top three ways to teach someone to be faithful to God are: example, example, example.
3. Invite your friends and family to the activities of the church. Bring them to Bible class and devotionals. This is when and where lasting relationships are made and strengthened!! Be personally committed to coming so that you can welcome those who visit.
4. Make sure they understand that Christ comes first. Teach them that Jesus is more important than sports, grades, friends, money, or a career.
5. Be sure sinners are being encouraged/taught in a drama-free church where Jesus is Lord.
6. Share your values and good conduct with those who are lost. Show them a better way to live!
7. Teach them early and often to have respect for those in authority. God, has a plan for AUTHORITY in His church which must be respected and honored.
8. Never let anyone hear you bash the Lord’s church. How can we expect our family and friends to desire joyful membership in an institution that you routinely target for criticism? There is so much that is right and good with the church. Consistently highlight these positives for potential converts (and all whom you seek to draw to Christ). Tell them of the servants, the doers, the givers, the “cream of the crop” type folks who populate the church.
9. “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.” -- Charles Wesley
10. Begin these things immediately. If you wait you’ll never start. Enough time has already been lost that can never be retrieved. The devil isn’t procrastinating and neither should you!
“We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.” - Dwight L. Moody